IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a tax-savvy way you can support UNC Charlotte.
Benefits of an IRA charitable rollover
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to UNC Charlotte
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts
- Help further the work and mission of UNC Charlotte
- Satisfy your annual required minimum distribution (RMD)
How an IRA charitable rollover works
- Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to UNC Charlotte.
- Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to the University to benefit the college, program, or fund you specify.
- Your plan administrator should make the check payable to:
The Foundation at UNC CharlotteChecks may be mailed to this address:
9201 University City Blvd.Charlotte, NC, 28223-0001
- Please contact us if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
The recently passed Legacy IRA Act provides a limited opportunity for donors over age 70 ½ to make a one-time Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) up to $50,000 in exchange for a charitable gift annuity. Click here to learn more or contact our office at 704-687-0301.
If you have any questions about an IRA charitable rollover gift, please contact us. We would be happy to assist you and answer any questions you might have.